- Individuals who seeking to build a broad range of skills including with specialised managerial skills and knowledge of industry to coordinate planning and the safe delivery of operations.
- Individuals who would like to learn to operate with autonomy and are be responsible for making business decisions
- Individuals who need the knowledge and skills required to work as a skilled operator using a broad range of event skills combined with sound knowledge of industry operations.
- Individuals who would like to learn to operate with limited guidance from others and use discretion to solve problems
- Also have some supervisory responsibilities and need to plan, monitor and evaluate the work of team members.
Qualification Code: SIT30216 | CRICOS Course Code: 096205D
This qualification reflects the role of individuals who use a range of well-developed retail travel or wholesale sales and operational skills and sound knowledge of industry operations to coordinate travel services. Using discretion and judgement, they work with some independence and under limited supervision using plans, policies and procedures to guide work activities.
This qualification provides a pathway to work in the retail travel or tour wholesale sector for employers that cover or specialise in leisure, corporate, domestic or international sales.
This course is particularly targeted at those:
Australian Federation of Travel Agents
The Australian Federation of Travel Agents (AFTA) has appointed Business Institute of Australia as their Preferred Accredited Training Provider. The AFTA is the peak industry body for the travel industry. Business Institute of Australia is the accredited training provider to receive such an endorsement for travel and tourism courses from the AFTA.
- Be 18 years of age or over; AND
- Have completed Year 11 or its equivalent with suitable English language skills.
- International Students are also required to have an English ability at the IELTS 5.0 or equivalent.
52 weeks. Full-time, 20 hours per week.
(15 hours per week of class + 5 hours per week online learning)
This course is only offered as full-time and is not offered part-time or by distance education to International students.
At the successful completion of this course the participant will receive an Certificate III in Travel SIT30216. Those students who do not complete this course or who are deemed not yet competent in units will still receive a Statement of Attainment for all units completed.
Attainment of this qualification may enable the participant to fill positions in call centre sales agent, corporate/cruise consultant, customer service agent, domestic travel consultant, incentive coordinator, international travel consultant, mobile travel consultant, online travel consultant, reservations sales agent or wholesale consultant.
Pathways for further study:
After achieving this qualification candidates may choose to undertake studies at Diploma level.
This qualification is made up of 17 units of competency (14 core units and 3 elective units).
14 Core Units
Source and use information on the tourism and travel industry
Show social and cultural sensitivity
Sell tourism products and services
Access and interpret product information
Use a computerised reservations or operations system
Provide advice on international destinations
Provide advice on Australian destinations
Construct normal international airfares
Process travel-related documentation
Construction promotional international airfares
Book suppliers products and services
Provide service to customers
Participate in safe work practices
3 Elective Units
Source airfares for domestic flights
Communicate in the workplace
Provide specialist advice on cruises