- Communications Leader
- Advertising Leader
- Public Relations Manager
Qualification Code: BSB60520 | CRICOS Course Code: 105367G
This qualification reflects the role of individuals who provide leadership and support strategic direction in the marketing and communications activities of an organisation. Their knowledge base may be highly specialised or broad within the marketing and communications field. Typically, they are accountable for group outcomes and the overall performance of the marketing and communication, advertising or public relations functions of an organisation.
This qualification applies to individuals in full-time marketing roles, as well as those who are responsible for an organisation’s marketing in addition to other duties.
Job roles and titles may vary across different industry sectors. Upon successful completion of BSB61315, a person could seek employment opportunities in various business and commercial enterprises as:
78 weeks. Full-time, 20 hours per week
• Blended (onshore international students/domestic students)
• Online (offshore students/domestic students)
Pathways from the Qualification
After achieving this qualification candidates may choose to undertake studies at higher education level.
it is recommended that individuals should:
- Be 18 years of age or over; AND
- Have completed Year 12 or its equivalent with suitable English language skills.
- International Students are also required to have an English ability at the IELTS 5.5 or equivalent.
- Have completed BSB52415 Diploma of Marketing and Communication.
- Or have completed the following units (or equivalent competencies):
– BSBMKG541 Identify and evaluate marketing opportunities;
– BSBMKG542 Establish and monitor the marketing mix;
– BSBMKG552 Design and develop marketing communication plans;
– BSBMKG555 Write persuasive copy; and
– BSBPMG430 Undertake project work.
Equivalent competencies are predecessors to these units, which have been mapped as equivalent.
Or have four years equivalent full-time relevant work experience.
This qualification is made up of 12 units of competency (4 core units and 8 elective units).
4 Core Units
BSBMKG621 – Develop organisational marketing strategy
BSBMKG622 – Manage organisational marketing processes
BSBMKG623 – Develop marketing plans
BSBTWK601 – Develop and maintain strategic business networks
8 Elective Units
BSBMKG626 – Develop advertising campaigns
BSBMKG627 – Execute advertising campaigns
BSBMKG628 – Lead organisational public relations
BSBFIN501 – Manage budgets and financial plans
BSBTEC601 – Review organisational digital strategy
BSBCRT512 – Originate and develop concepts
BSBFIN601 – Manage organisational finances
BSBINS601 – Manage knowledge and information