- Completion of Year 10 or equivalent or successful completion Certificate I in Skills for Vocational pathways
- Must be over 18 years of age
- IELTS 4 or equivalent
Qualification Code: FSK20119 | CRICOS Course Code: 103022D
This qualification is designed for individuals who require further foundation skills development to prepare for workforce entry or vocational training pathways.
It is suitable for individuals who require:
- a prevocational pathway to employment and vocational training
- reading, writing, numeracy, oral communication and learning skills at Australian Core Skills Framework (ACSF) Level 3
- entry level digital technology and employability skills
- a vocational training and employment plan.
Foundation Skills Training Package qualifications may not be listed as an entry requirement for vocational qualifications.
This Course is delivered over a period of 26 weeks. Students are required to attend full time study of 20 hours per week consisting of 15 hours face-to-face classroom based tuition and 5 hours of on-line learning.
Pathways from the Qualification
BSB20115 Certificate II in Business or relevant Certificate II qualifications.
This qualification is made up of 14 units of competency (8 core units and 6 elective units).
8 Core Units
FSKDIG03 Use digital technology for routine workplace tasks
FSKLRG09 Use strategies to respond to routine workplace problems
FSKLRG11 Use routine strategies for work-related learning
FSKNUM14 Calculate with whole numbers and familiar fractions, decimals and percentages for work
FSKNUM15 Estimate, measure and calculate routine metric measurements for work
FSKOCM07 Interact effectively with others at work
FSKRDG10 Read and respond to routine workplace information
FSKWTG09 Write routine workplace texts
6 Elective Units
FSKLRG10 Use routine strategies for career planning
SITXFIN001 Process financial transactions
SITXWHS001 Participate in safe work practices
SITXCOM001 Source and present information
SIRXCEG002 Assist with customer difficulties
SIRXCOM002 Work effectively in a team