- Individuals aspiring to build career in financial services more specifically accounting or bookkeeping
- Individuals wanting to acquire the essential accounting skills in the area of stockbroking, auditing, finance, taxation, management of information systems and financial planning and management for businesses
- Individuals wishing to upgrade accounting skills in line with current best business practice
- Persons who are seeking to be promoted or who are currently employed seeking to become a senior employee in accounting or finance division
- Workplace Trainers and Assessors who have the industry experience within the sector wishing to be able to train and assess in this vocational area
- Persons who are fully experienced within this vocational area and are seeking formal recognition of their existing skills in accounting
- International students who are wishing to gain a qualification in accounting to work in a variety of accounting and finance positions.
Qualification Code: FNS40217 | CRICOS Course Code: 097388F
At the completion of course, students will have:
Theoretical and specialist knowledge and skills to work autonomously and exercise judgment in completing routine and non-routine activities related to accounting support functions
This course is particularly targeted at those:
- Completion of Year 11 or equivalent
- Must be over 18 years of age
- IELTS 5 or equivalent
52 weeks. Full-time, 20 hours per week.
(15 hours per week of class + 5 hours per week online learning)
This course is only offered as full-time and is not offered part-time or by distance education to International students.
At the successful completion of this course the participant will receive a Certificate IV in Accounting and bookkeeping (FNS40217). Those students who do not complete this course or who are deemed not yet competent in units will still receive a Statement of Attainment for all units completed.
Attainment of this qualification may enable the participant to fill positions in Bookkeeper, Accounts / Payroll Clerk, BAS officer
Pathways for further study:
FNS50217 Diploma of Accounting or other Diploma qualifications
This qualification is made up of 13 units of competency (10core units and 3 elective units).
10 Core Units
Prepare financial reports
Introduce clouds computing into business operations
Process financial transactions and extract interim reports
Administer subsidiary accounts and ledgers
Work effectively in the accounting and bookkeeping industry
Set up and operate a computerised accounting system
Complete business activity and instalment activity statements
Establish and maintain payroll systems
3 Elective Units
Prepare operational budgets
Prepare financial statements for non-reporting entities
Develop and use complex spreadsheets
Design and produce business documents
Perform financial calculations