- Individuals aspiring to build career in financial services more specifically accounting or bookkeeping
- Individuals wanting to acquire the essential accounting skills in the area of stockbroking, auditing, finance, taxation, management of information systems and financial planning and management for businesses
- Individuals wishing to upgrade accounting skills in line with current best business practice
- Persons who are seeking to be promoted or who are currently employed seeking to become a senior employee in accounting or finance division
- Workplace Trainers and Assessors who have the industry experience within the sector wishing to be able to train and assess in this vocational area
- Persons who are fully experienced within this vocational area and are seeking formal recognition of their existing skills in accounting
- International students who are wishing to gain a qualification in accounting to work in a variety of accounting and finance positions.
Qualification Code: FNS50217 | CRICOS Course Code: 097389E
At the completion of course, students will have the:
Ability to apply accounting solutions to a range of often complex problems, and analyse and evaluate information from a variety of sources.
Ability to apply initiative to plan, coordinate and evaluate own work and guidance to others within defined guidelines in financial services and other industries
This course is particularly targeted at those:
- be 18 years or older; and
- have completed Year 12 or its equivalent with suitable English language skills.
- International Students are also required to have an English ability at the IELTS 5.5 or equivalent.
- Completion of the following six units, or their equivalent, which constitute the requirements for the FNSSS00014 Accounting Principles Skill Set:
- FNSACC311 Process financial transactions and extract interim reports
- FNSACC312 Administer subsidiary accounts and ledgers
- FNSACC408 Work effectively in the accounting and bookkeeping industry
- FNSACC416 Set up and operate a computerised accounting system
- FNSTPB401 Complete business activity and instalment activity statements
- FNSTPB402 Establish and maintain payroll systems;
Completion of FNS40615 Certificate IV in Accounting or equivalent;
Completion of FNS40215 Certificate IV in Bookkeeping or equivalent.
52 weeks. Full-time, 20 hours per week.
(15 hours per week of class + 5 hours per week online learning)
This course is only offered as full-time and is not offered part-time or by distance education to International students.
At the successful completion of this course the participant will receive a Diploma of Accounting (FNS50217). Those students who do not complete this course or who are deemed not yet competent in units will still receive a Statement of Attainment for all units completed.
Attainment of this qualification may enable the participant to fill positions in assistant account or senior financial clerk.
Pathways for further study:
FNS60217 Advanced Diploma of Accounting or other Advanced Diploma qualifications
This qualification is made up of 11 units of competency (6 core units and 5 elective units).
6 Core Units
Provide financial and business performance information
Prepare tax documentation for individuals
Manage budgets and forecasts
Prepare financial reports for corporate entities
Implement and maintain internal control procedures
Provide management accounting information
5 Elective Units
Establish and maintain accounting information systems
Comply with financial services legislation and industry codes of practice
Prepare financial forecasts and projections
Evaluate business performance
Evaluate organisation’s financial performance